MOVE Congress 2013
Changes, Opportunities, Innovation.
The MOVE Congress 2013 on 16-19 October in Barcelona, Spain, gathered international speakers and delegates from a range of sectors to share their insights, ideas and opinions about current trends in grassroots sport. The overarching theme of the Congress was not just about moving, but moving forward with three interconnected concepts in mind: Changes, Opportunities, Innovation.
In times of economic crisis it’s natural to see changes as challenges and even barriers to what we can achieve, particularly in a sector that relies on external funding and support. But the MOVE Congress 2013 emphasised that we can also see changes as opportunities to think again, “take a walk on the wild side” and develop innovative approaches to our sectors, both public and private, and partnerships.
Four parallel sessions and eight workshops zoomed in on subtopics connected to ISCA’s projects and featured some of ISCA’s project partners.
The subtopics included:
- Cross sector policies and physical activity promotion
- Physical activity and inclusion programs
- Sport facility management
- Communication campaigns and social media context
- Human capital of new professionals/volunteers in sport
- Outdoor activities and new profile of participants in physical activity
- Active ageing
- Grassroots sports organisations and young entrepreneurs
- Good Governance in Grassroots Sport
MOVE Congress 2013 was supported by the MOVE Project (“MOVE: European Physical Activity Promotion Forum”), which received funding from the European Union in the framework of the Health Programme.